4-Ingredient Sugar-Free Fruit Jam (#beboldforchange)
This is the sixth in a series of articles from Dear Chereen’s contributors in honor of International Women’s Day. With the hashtag #beboldforchange, we are highlighting bold women, embracing the power of femininity, and celebrating women all over the world.
Written by: Haneen
Here’s to bold women: Women bold enough to chase their dreams, women bold enough to inspire others, women too bold to settle for less than they deserve.
Today, I bring to you our first healthy recipe on DearChereen in hope of inspiring you to be bold in your food choices because your body, soul, and mind deserve healthy alternatives.
This easy, 4-Ingredient, sugar-free fruit jam will help you satisfy your sweet tooth. It can be enjoyed as a spread with nut butters, as an addition to yogurt to create fruit-flavored yogurt, or even as a topping for healthy pancakes.
- 1 cup fruit of choice, excluding melons and citrus fruits. (This recipe works best with berries, mangoes, peaches, cherries, or pears.)
- 1 cup water
- Natural sweetener of choice to taste (depending on natural sweetness of fruit and personal preference)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Chop fruit of choice.
- Add fruit, sweetener of choice, and water to a saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat until fruit mixture becomes uniform in texture.
- Allow mixture to cool, then add chia seeds.
- Allow chia seeds to gelatinize in order to thicken into jam.
** Refrigerate for up to two weeks in food container. **
I hope you enjoy this easy but yummy recipe. As always, feel free to share your thoughts and experiences.
Finally, always remember that healthy is beautiful!
Stay healthy, stay beautiful.