Delicious energy balls
Written by: Haneen
Today I bring to you a tasty recipe ideal for when you need an extra boost of energy, a snack on the go, or a dessert that isn’t packed with refined sugars.
These energy balls are easy to make, healthy, and fun as you can customize them to your liking. They will instantly fuel your body with healthy fats, fiber, and a healthy dose of carbohydrates to provide you with an instant boost of energy.
- 20 pitted dates
- 1 cup raw nuts of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconuts
- Oat flour (simply grind oats into a powder-like consistency)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened natural peanut butter
- Soak pitted dates in hot water for 10-20 minutes in order to soften them.
- Add nuts, ¾ cup of the coconut shreds, and the oat flour to a food processor and process until the mixture forms soft crumbles.
- Add the soaked dates and peanut butter to the mixture and process until well mixed and dry to the touch (quantities of the various dry ingredients may be adjusted to the thickness of your peanut butter, size and softness of dates, and your personal preference.)
- Shape into bite size balls and roll into the remaining coconut shreds.
**Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks**
I hope you enjoy these yummy bites! As always, please feel free to share your experiences and feedback!
Finally, always remember that healthy is beautiful!
Stay healthy, stay beautiful.